Save Mount Diablo Hike, Saturday November 7, 2009, 9:30 a.m.
Some of the Best Views You’ve Never Seen.
Brand New Hidden Valley Open Space & the Threatened Tassajara Valley.
Hidden Valley Open Space: Photographer, Scott Hein
Seth Adams, Director of Land Programs for Save Mount Diablo, is leading a hike in the new Hidden Valley Open Space in San Ramon, this Saturday November 7, 2009, 9:30 am.
All participants have the option of 1 mile (350’ gain/loss), 3.5 mile (650’ gain/loss), or 4.5 mile full loop (800’ gain/loss). Time: 1-3 hours depending on which option is chosen.
The hike is both about informing the public about this incredible new preserve, and also about threats to the Tassajara Valley, which are visible from the trail. The hike begins at a hiker gate across from 2187 Longleaf Circle in San Ramon. Bring water, layers and sunscreen.
For more info, call George Phillips at 925 947-3535 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
More info about the issue and hikes at: http://www.savemountdiablo.org/Tassajara/TVhome.htm .
SMD is leading six hikes in Hidden Valley Open Space:
- Saturday November 7, 2009, 9:30 am. Led by Seth Adams, SMD’s Director of Land Programs.
- Sunday December 6, 2009, 9:30 am. Led by Troy Bristol, SMD’s Land Conservation Associate.
- Saturday January 16, 2010, 9:30 am. Led by Troy Bristol, SMD’s Land Conservation Associate.
- Sunday February 21, 2010, 9:30 am. Led by Scott Hein, Chair of SMD’s Land Committee.
- Sunday March 21, 2010, 9:30 am. Led by Troy Bristol, SMD’s Land Conservation Associate.
- Sunday April 11, 2010, 9:30 am. Led by Seth Adams, SMD’s Director of Land Programs.
Or you can take a hike by yourself, using this self-guiding map and description. Hidden Valley Self Guide Hike .